We take great pride in adding the personal touches to your dream vacation - be it adventure, sightseeing or romance; be it safari, beach or city.
Our passion is Southern Africa and our knowledge stretches across many years of personal experiences which have culminated into Firelight Tours.
Our vision is to share the true wonder of Southern Africa – its wildlife; beaches; mountains – its history; joys; sorrows; mistakes; victories; music; art; food; wine...
We recognise each unique individual visiting our shores and aim to match personalities to that which ignites the fire in your heart.
We strive to create tours realising dreams and desires.
Thank you Peter! We had a great time and you were a wonderful guide. Visiting Kruger was one of the best experiences of my life thus far and I really appreciate all you did to make it so incredible.
Charu GoyleCARE USA
Another great trip. Congratulations.
Andrew & Natalie Borsberry
Just wanted to say thank you for taking such good care of our clients. Richard Santucci said that “Peter was terrific. He took perfect care of us. He never lost his humor. He was great”
ElizabethSHAKA GOLF SAFARIS & KUNJANI SAFARIS
Niki and Laura could not stop raving about the trip and how wonderful you are, they had the time of their lives, said they will be back, would love to bring their son with next time.
· Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens - Johannesburg
· Military History Museum - Johannesburg
· Neighbourgoods Market on Saturdays - Johannesburg
· Maboneng Market Day on Sundays - Johannesburg
· Bryanston Organic Market on Thursdays and Saturdays - Johannesburg · Melville 27 Boxes - Johannesburg
· Rosebank Craft Market - Johannesburg
· Sophiatown Walking Tour - Johannesburg
· Origin’s Centre at University of Witwatersrand - Johannesburg
· Architectural Tour - Johannesburg
· Art Galleries for viewing and/or buying - Johannesburg
· Museum of Medicine - Johannesburg
· Muti Market - Johannesburg
· Walk through Chinatown and enjoy a meal - Johannesburg
· Graffiti Tours - Johannesburg
· Johannesburg Green Spaces - Johannesburg
· The Orbit (music venue for Jazz) - Johannesburg
· Satyagraha House - Ghandi's house - Johannesburg
· Flavour tour of Jozi - choices of: Indian, diverse African, South African, Portuguese and Seafood, Chinese and Chinatown
· Cycling/Tuk-tuk tours in Soweto - Johannesburg
· Cycling tours in down-town Johannesburg - Johannesburg
· Township Hospitality - Johannesburg
· Community projects - Johannesburg
· Gold Reef City - Johannesburg
· Apartheid Museum - Johannesburg
· Ludwig’s Roses and lunch/tea - Pretoria
· Sammy Marks Home - Pretoria
· Museum of Natural History - Pretoria
Johannesburg Tour - Soweto
In the mix is our revolutionary history as it unfolded within the boundaries of this unique Township.
Freedom Square with the busy and colourful market where fresh fruits and vegetables can be bought at very low prices.
Regina Mundi, the church which formed the central point during the struggle, also known as black parliament, has a beautiful painting, The Black Madonna, as well as a stained glass window depicting the history of the revolution.
The Hector Pieterson Museum visually depicts the Youth Uprising of the 16th of June 1976, which was the beginning of the end of apartheid.
And finally we visit the humble home of Nelson Mandela whilst he was developing his political career.
Regina Mundi Church
Hector Pieterson Museum
Nelson Mandela House